Il Castello di Donnafugata
The name has nothing to do with its apparent meaning ie ‘”abducted woman,” but it’ probably of Arab origin as Ayn Jafat which means “fountain of health” and in fact there is a spring near the train station.
The castle, in fact ‘a large villa, was expanded and took its present shape by the Baron Corrado Arezzo De Spucches in the early ‘900. It occupies an area of 2500 square meters and consists of 122 rooms.
The main facade and ‘adorned with a beautiful Venetian Gothic loggia, eight ogival balconies give access to large terrace underneath the balcony, beautiful mullioned windows soften the other facades. Among the rooms more ‘important are the living room walls decorated with the coats of arms of the most’ important Sicilian families, the hall of mirrors with elaborate draperies and valances that alternate with the mirrors that line the walls, the billiard room, Bishop’s apartment, the art gallery, the guest, the music room, the living room of smokers, the library.
Interestingly, the widespread use of local stone pitch for the paving of the rooms.
The castle and ‘surrounded by a large park of about 8 acres that Baron Corrado Arezzo expert botanical essences made by him personally furnish with choices. Inside the park, several buildings, which were used to make more ‘guests’ stay as pleasant as the Baron, including the “coffee house”, the temple, the maze, a grotto that plays a karst environment and then a few scattered tanks and Several vessels of Caltagirone.
The castle has been home over the years are different sets of film and television. Inside the castle were filmed some scenes in the film “The Leopard” by Visconti, in the “pool room” were filmed a few scenes of the movie “The Viceroy”, while on the terrace of the castle were filmed several scenes of fiction ” The Inspector Montalbano “.
-Cathedral of Saint George-
Duomo di San Giorgio – Modica
If the city of Noto is universally recognized as the Baroque capital of south-eastern Sicily, the Cathedral of St. George inModica is often referred to and reported as a symbolic monument of Sicilian Baroque typical of this remote corner of Italy, which represents the architecture surely the most impressive and spectacular. The art historian Maurizio BeanArch said that perhaps the Church should be included among the seven wonders of thebaroque world. 
The church of St. George, incorporated in the World Heritage List by UNESCO, is the final result of the reconstruction six / eighteenth century, took place after the disastrousearthquake that struck in 1542 Modica, in 1613 and 1693 (the most serious ,vediTerremoto the Val di Noto); minor earthquakes in the Hyblean damage done through the course of the eighteenth century and in 1848.
The presence of a church on that site should be noted in the documents of the parish,which also include documents dellacancelleria Pope, from about 1150, but probably would be his first building was wanted directly from ConteRuggero Hauteville, starting with thefinal expulsion Arabs from Sicily around 1090. St. George was built to connect with the bullof Urban VIII November 6, 1630.
-The Hyblean Area-
La provincia Iblea
In addition to the beautiful city of Ragusa, Modica and Ragusa declared World Heritage Site, other cities worth visiting. Among these Donnalucata with the daily market for fish, with the baroque Ragusa and superb restaurants, Santa Croce Camerina for sweet ricotta and drove them away.
The wine route, there will surely lead to Victoria’s mother Cerasuolo and Nero d’Avola,Achates to where you can admire the splendid Palazzo Biscari and finally in Comiso,capital of marble from Carrara in the same way.